The Open Pet Food Facts database is available under the Open Database License.
The individual contents of the database are available under the Database Contents License.
Products images are available under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike licence. They may contain graphical elements subject to copyright or other rights, that may in some cases be reproduced (quotation rights or fair use).
Please read Terms and conditions of use and re-use before re-using the data.
We are very interested in learning what the Open Pet Food Facts data is used for. It is not mandatory, but we would very much appreciate it if you tell us about your re-uses so that we can share them with the Open Pet Food Facts community.
Open Pet Food Facts data exports
Database dumps and exports are generated nightly.
Information on the different fields for the MongoDB dump and CSV exports is available at https://world.openpetfoodfacts.org/data/data-fields.txt
Data for all products is available in a MongoDB database dump.
Daily delta exports are provided for the previous 14 days. The list of currently available delta files can be found at
Each line represents a file that is available at
The filename contains UNIX timestamp of the first and the last change contained in the JSON file, so that the delta files can
be imported (after extraction) with
mongoimport in alphabetical order.
Please note that due to the nature of
mongoexport, the delta files cannot tell you about deleted products. To remove
deleted products from your database, you will need to import the full MongoDB dump.
CSV Data Export
Data for all products, or some of the products, can be downloaded in CSV format (readable with OpenOffice, Excel and many other software) through the advanced search form.
The file encoding is Unicode UTF-8. The character that separates fields is <tab> (tabulation).
RDF Data Export
The database is also available in the RDF format. announcement in French.
Live JSON API
The API behaves 99% like Open Food Facts, so many of the SDKs, codes to interact with the Open Food Facts API should work by merely changing the endpoint from: openfoodfacts.org to openpetfoodfacts.org. The code hasn't been updated in over a year, so many of the newer APIs like Knowledge Panels are not available yet.
A JSON API is also available to read the data for a product. This API is in particular used in the Open Pet Food Facts mobile app for iPhone and Android.
We change the API over-time but we are careful to keep backwards compatibility. Please tell us if you use it, so that we can tell you about potential changes.
URL to read data for a product: https://world.openpetfoodfacts.org/api/v0/product/[barcode].json
- API V1- Old documentation available on the Wiki (Important note: the page is divided into subpages for READ and WRITE).
- API V2 - Comprehensive but not OpenAPI compliant - It contains uses cases for displaying a product, and letting your users add the data required to get the Nutri-Score, the NOVA classification, additives, and the Eco-Score.
- API V2 - new OpenAPI documentation - Work in Progress
- API V3 - new OpenAPI documentation - Work in Progress
You are very welcome to use the API for production cases, as long as 1 API call = 1 real scan by a user. Any attempt to scrape the database using the API will very likely be blocked, as full daily exports are available on this very page.
Also, sending an HTTP header with your API call is a good way we can get in touch, should any issue arise.
If you are unsure about anything, or have any question (there is no silly question), feel free to ask it on Slack :-)
Android and iPhone mobile app (help needed!)
The code for the Open Pet Food Facts mobile app currently deployed is available on GitHub (Android. We need help to adapt the new Flutter code to pet food. The app allows users to scan the barcode of products, to view the product information, and to take and send pictures and data for missing products.
The app for Android is developed in Kotlin.
The classic app for iOS has never been adapted nor deployed for pet food.
The new cross-platform app is developed in Flutter/Dart.
You are welcome to reuse the code (it's open source) and help us improve it, for everyone, on all the planet.
Wrappers and SDKs
We probably have a wrapper for your favorite programming language. If we do, you can use it and improve it, and probably add Open Pet Food Facts support to it. If we don't, you can help create it.
They will let you consume data, as well as let your users contribute new data
- Cordova: GitHub (old Open Pet Food Facts official app)
- DART: GitHub (Open Food Facts only at the moment)
- Elixir: GitHub (Open Food Facts only at the moment)
- Go: GitHub (Open Food Facts only at the moment)
- Java: GitHub (Open Food Facts only at the moment)
- Kotlin: GitHub (Open Food Facts only at the moment)
- NodeJS: GitHub (Open Food Facts only at the moment)
- PHP: GitHub (Open Food Facts only at the moment)
- PHP (Laravel): GitHub (Open Food Facts only at the moment)
- Python: GitHub (Open Food Facts only at the moment)
- React Native: GitHub (Open Food Facts only at the moment)
- Ruby: GitHub (Open Food Facts only at the moment)
- Rust: GitHub
Discussing data, API and exports
For any question regarding the data, you can contact us at email@example.com